SCL Course: World Class Sales and Operations Planning
This course focuses on defining, executing, and improving the S&OP process. Participants will be introduced to the appropriate stakeholders of S&OP, the importance of S&OP to corporate performance, S&OP cadence, and the use of visionary technology to bring S&OP to the next level. Business cases will be used to show concrete examples of companies where S&OP is effectively applied.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Chief Operating Officers, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Finance Management Executives (Directors, VPs, EVPs)
- Supply Chain and Logistics Managers, Consultants, Supervisors, Planners, and Engineers
- Supply Chain Education and Human Resource Management personnel
- Inventory and Demand Planners
- Procurement and Sourcing Analysts and Managers
- Manufacturing Planners, Analysts, and Managers
- Sales Operations Managers, Analysts, Planners, Supervisors, Directors
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the need for an S&OP cycle in a company
- Apply principles key to success of an S&OP process
- Experience true market examples relevant to their businesses
- Learn how to identify and apply best fit S&OP process and technology enablers to your organization and make it a reality based process.
- Walk through a complete simulated S&OP cycle supported by a technology enabler.
- Understand the interaction and integration between the financial and operation levels of S&O.
- Learn the key components of an effective S&OP business case through discussion of real life examples of how companies have benefited from the implementation of best practices in S&OP.
WHAT IS COVERED
- Defining the S&OP process before adopting technology
- The advantages of value based and reality based S&OP
- Why S&OP needs to be integrated closely with operational planning
- What is the scope of each role in the S&OP Cycle
- What are the most valuable outputs and results of the S&OP Cycle
- How can technology enable companies to take performance to the next level
- Experience a complete simulated technology-enabled S&OP Cycle
ON-CAMPUS COURSE MATERIALS
Participants receive a course notebook, an in-class software demonstration, and hand-out materials.
Laptop computer by the student.
This course is part of the Supply and Demand Planning (SDP) Certificate.
On the first day, please check in at least 30 minutes before the class start time.
- First Day (8:00am-5:00pm)
- Second Day (8:00am-12:00pm)
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: jkim3096
- Created: 10/03/2017
- Modified By: Andy Haleblian
- Modified: 12/06/2017