Cox Communications LEAD Program
Cox Communications is currently seeking candidates for LEAD, their Project Management Trainee program. We believe project management is an ideal training ground for future leaders of our company due to the skills acquired, networks established, and end-to-end business knowledge developed as you work within all disciplines of the business.
Learn, Evolve, Achieve, Deliver(LEAD) –These are the attributes we look for in each candidate, as well as the opportunities you will acquire through this program.
Cox Communications is a broadband communications andentertainment company, providing advanced digital video, internet, telephone, home security, and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The thirdlargest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves approximately six million residences and businesses nationwide. For eight years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; and Cox has ranked among DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity.
As a subsidiary of 116-year-old Cox Enterprises Inc., one of the world’s largest privately owned communications, media, and automotive services companies, innovation and leadership is in our DNA. Our focus on building a better future for our customers, consumers, employees, and the industry as a whole, is ingrained in everything we do.
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualities and abilities:
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Driven to excel in a corporate setting at a rapid pace
- Attention to detail and superior organization skills
- Ability to adapt to change, and work effectively in ambiguity
- The desire for long-term growth opportunities with one of the top companies in the nation
We have a training and development program that will fit your experience and career goals. You will receive the fundamental training and skills needed to be a top performing project manager while obtaining on-the-job experience.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a tremendous opportunity to enter into a company in an innovative industry with targeted, accelerated development.
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Real accountability
- Exposure to all disciplines of business including operations, finance, marketing, technology, product development, and sales
- Access to Senior Leadership
- Hands-on mentoring and the chance to network and grow with a group of your peers
As a LEAD Participant, you will learn about Cox Communications and the Telecommunications industry at-large through a series of functional rotational assignments, spanning across the company. Throughout the program, you will receive on-the-job and classroom training plus targeted development opportunities to help you hone in on your strengths and develop your career interests. The end result…increased readiness for a leadership role within Cox Communications!
- Opportunity to support or lead projects under moderate supervision
- Manage the end-to-end projectlife cycle
- Analyze business situations, create processes, and demonstrate problem solving and analytical thinking skills for the success of the project
- Track and analyze project budgets
- Report, communicate, and influence both project deliverables and team members
- Create and manage relationships with internal and external customers and key stakeholders
- Create and lead presentations to team members and senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or advanced degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- 2+ years of professional post-graduate experience in a related field
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization. Strongcommunication, relationship building, and organization skills
- Computer skills which includes: Microsoft Office Suite and online research
- U.S work authorization, sponsorship is not available for this program
Some travel may be required (up to 10%)
The application is live on CareerBuzz (ID 127174)