Howie Weiss named Georgia Power Professor of Excellence
Professor Howie Weiss is the Georgia Power Professor of Excellence from Science this year. He was featured at the October 20, 2012 Georgia Tech vs. Boston College football game. The Athletic Association continues the "Professor of the Excellence" program at each home football game this season. The corporate sponsorship this year is Georgia Power.
At each game, one professor will be highlighted, a picture on the scoreboard, information about their research is read to the crowd, etc. A professor from each college will be selected for each of the next six home games.
Weiss' research interests include mathematical biology, analysis, dynamical systems as well as geometry and topology. He is currently working on a $1.3M study with Emory University and Delta Airlines to analyze the transmission of infectious diseases on aircraft. The study is being funded by Boeing.
The benefits to the faculty member are:
- Their research is featured at the game and through the website
- They receive tickets to attend the game where they are recognized
- The faculty member is honored on the field during the game between quarters
- Georgia Power will make a donation of $1,000 in their name to their college
- Each Professor of Excellence receives a football autographed by Coach Johnson
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: nmcleish3
- Created: 04/07/2017
- Modified By: nmcleish3
- Modified: 04/07/2017