Middle School Innovation Lab Internship
Deadline: April 10, 2017 by 11:59 p.m.
Open to all majors, but a strong math and science background is necessary.
Please read the full description of the internship before applying to make sure you are eligible. http://b.gatech.edu/2lww4tY andwww.preteaching.gatech.edu/internships
Georgia Tech Pre-Teaching and Westminster, an independent school in Atlanta, have partnered to offer an internship opportunity for anundergraduate or graduate student in Westminster’s Middle School Innovation Lab (MSIL). You will be part of team with two STEAM* educators to coordinate programming in the MSIL. The Middle School consists of 570 highly curious and motivated learners in grades 6-8 who are on the path to becoming leaders of conscience.
*Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Science
The Westminster internship offers a deep dive into the world of middle level teaching and learning. You will work collaboratively with two STEAM educators to integrate STEAM subjects and lab resources into the full spectrum of curriculum. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- assist teachers with project development from ideas to implementation using backwards design, project-based learning, and service learning frameworks
- practice whole class and small group instruction
- receive feedback from veteran educators
- develop and hone classroom management skills
- assist with the development and evaluation of assessment tools
- lead or co-lead extracurricular clubs in the STEAM subjects
- further the development of the physical space in the Lab
- further the development of Lab procedures and protocols
You will develop fundamental teaching and classroom skills during the internship and learn about the responsibilities of being a teacher. You will also learn about the additional responsibilities of being a teacher.
The Innovation Lab
Opened in the fall of 2015, the Middle School Innovation Lab is designed to support Westminster’s commitment to integrated studies, particularly in the STEAM disciplines. The Lab is also designed to inspire innovation throughout the Middle School, facilitating the prototyping of solutions and ideas.
Full Internship Description
Please read the full description of the internship before applying to make sure you are eligible. http://b.gatech.edu/2lww4tY and www.preteaching.gatech.edu/internships
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Created: 03/27/2017
- Modified By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified: 03/27/2017