Best Practices Forum: Integrating Professional Development into Graduate and Postdoctoral Training
Guidance on professional development and career planning were among the key needs identified in 2016 surveys of Georgia Tech graduate students and postdocs. Come to this forum to find out what you need to know to better integrate professional skills into your graduate curricula and postdoctoral training programs. All faculty and staff who work with graduate students and/or postdocs are welcome.
During the forum, we will discuss:
- How graduate and postoc programs at Georgia Tech have incorporated professional skill development into their curricula.
- Competencies scholars should develop while at Georgia Tech (beyond discipline-specific knowledge, research, and teaching skills).
- Ways to integrate professional development into your curriculum.
- Panel discussion featuring leaders of graduate and postdoctoral programs
- Table discussions
- Large group discussion of lessons learned
Please complete this survey regarding efforts to support professional skill development, regardless of whether or not you plan to attend. Your RSVP will be recorded as one of the questions. Survey information will be compiled and shared at the forum.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Brian Gentry
- Modified By:Jana Stone