Members Sought for Staff Council Committees
The Staff Council is looking to fill positions on all five of its standing committees, covering the areas of campus physical environment; communication; compensation and benefits; employee engagement; and employee health and well-being.
“The success of Staff Council hinges on the breadth and depth of its committee members,” said Laura Pusateri, special events manager in Institute Communications and Staff Council chair. “This year, we are excited for committee members to join Staff Council to not only guide the organization toward areas of focus, but also to become active, engaged participants for their eight-month term.”
Interested staff members should apply online by Friday, March 3. To be qualified to serve, staff should:
- Be a full-time or part-time (at least 20 hours per week) staff member.
- Have completed six months of service to Georgia Tech as of March 3, 2017.
- Be employed with an eligible staff title. (The following staff titles are ineligible to serve on the Council and, thereby, ineligible to serve on committees: Institute president, executive vice presidents, provost, vice presidents, associate vice presidents, dean of students, academic faculty, research faculty, and retirees.)
- Have support of his or her supervisor.
- Be able to spend three to five hours per month on committee work. Committee membership will begin in April 2017 and end in December 2017.
Each committee will have up to 13 members, including the committee chair. Because there are a limited number of spaces on the committees, interested staff should be specific in explaining their skills and desires for committee membership.
Even though staff members may only serve on one committee, staff are encouraged to apply for more than one committee, listing their preferences in order of interest.