Apply to represent HTS as an Ivan Allen College Ambassador!
HTS currently has only one IAC Ambassador, and we are highly encouraging students to apply to help continue our representation! Student Ambassadors act as liaisons between the college and prospective students and their families, guest, alumni, business partners, and friends of the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts.
The term of membership is for one full year. An attempt shall be made to ensure that ambassadors will be representative of student diversity at Georgia Tech and within the Ivan Allen College.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Campus programs, activities awareness/familiarity
- Ability to present effectively and communicate to audiences of all sizes
- Possession of good interpersonal skills, including: the ability to be self-motivated, a commitment to professionalism, and a friendly, positive attitude
- Willingness and ability to participate actively each month
- Commitment to learn the history, statistical data, programs, and opportunities in the Ivan Allen College
- Exhibited Ivan Allen College pride and spirit!
To be eligible to apply for membership, interested students must be:
- Enrolled during fall and spring semesters
- Have successfully completed at least two semesters as full-time student at Georgia Tech (by end of Spring)
- Hold a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Be available to complete the required service hours each semester (5 hours of service each month during the fall and spring (these hours include a group meeting every 3 weeks) and 10 hours total during the 14 week period of summer)
- Commit to attending the mandatory weekend training session each February
- Unparalleled experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing the College), which develops the skills and confidence vital to success in job interviews and career advancement
- Opportunity to work with and learn from College Administrators and Associate Deans
- Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration for pleasure, help on campus, and references upon graduation
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Knowledge on successfully executing an event or project
- College recognition and admiration
- Confidence through inspiring and motivating others
- And cool ambassador shirts, name badges, free food, and lots of swag throughout the year!
The deadline to apply is January 15th at 9 PM, so apply today!
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified By:Kayleigh Haskin