Discounted MARTA Passes for Employees via Payroll Deduction
MARTA and Georgia Tech Parking & Transportation Services are partnering during the spring semester to provide discounted MARTA passes for employees using payroll deduction. The promotion runs January through June 2017, and the monthly pass will be $66 during this period (regularly $75.50). Purchasing MARTA monthly fare through payroll deduction offers the convenience of using a permanent reloadable Breeze card, and the cost of the pass is deducted from the participant’s paycheck pre-tax, lowering taxable income.
Here’s what you need do to take advantage of this promotion:
Current payroll deduction participants are INCLUDED IN THE PROMOTION and are not required to do anything. The discount will be automatically applied to your deductions.
- Sign up for Payroll Deduction on the TechWorks website - TechWorks.gatech.edu
- Login, using your Georgia Tech Account and Password.
- Follow these step-by-step instructions for Payroll Deduction:
1. Click the dropdown menu to Expand the "My Payroll & Compensation."
2. Click Payroll & Compensation Home
3. Click "Voluntary Deductions."
4. Click "Add Deduction."
5. Click on the magnifying glass to search for the type of deduction.
6. Select MARTA Transportation Fee.
7. Monthly payroll participants enter $66.00; bi-weekly payroll participants enter $33.00
8. Enter Deduction Start Date. This should be the first through the fourth of the month the deduction should start. This deduction will continue until a deduction END date is entered (it is not necessary to enter an END date at this time). (Example: It is November 16. You want to purchase a pass for January, enter December 1. Your payroll deductions will begin in December, and you'll receive your first pass for January.
9. Press "Submit."
NOTE: You must sign-up for Payroll Deduction before the 4th of the month to take effect for the following month. For example, if you sign up before December 4th, your new Breeze card will become active January 1st. If you sign up after December 4th, your card will become active February 1st.
• You’ll receive an email in the middle of the month instructing you to pick up your new Breeze card at Parking & Transportation Services (PTS). Hold on to this card - it’s automatically reloaded each month until you decide to stop deductions.
• To end or temporarily deactivate deductions, add an end date in TechWorks by the 4th of the month to take effect the next month.
• Lost or stolen payroll deduction Breeze cards can be replaced at PTS for a $5 fee. The remaining monthly funds will be loaded onto your new card.
• The $66 promotion will continue through June 2017. If you’d like to end your participation in payroll deduction at that time, the change must be made in TechWorks by June 4th. Otherwise, you’ll continue receiving funds on your Breeze card at the normal price of $75.50/month.
• This promotion is available only to Georgia Tech employees registering for payroll deduction. Monthly passes purchased from the BuzzCard Center are not eligible for this discount; those passes are still available at normal price to employees not wishing to enroll in payroll deduction. Students are currently offered discounted MARTA cards through the fall semester, available for monthly purchase at the BuzzCard Center.
• Current payroll deduction participants are INCLUDED IN THE PROMOTION and are not required to do anything. The discount will be automatically applied to your deductions.
For more information, contact Parking and Transportation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Torise Battle Young
Torise Battle Young