Lock It Up Over Winter Break
The Georgia Tech Police Department encourages students to secure their belongings and property over the upcoming winter break. Parents, please help us reinforce the following points with your students:
- Lock your door before you leave. If you share your residence with a roommate, remind them to always lock it and let them know your schedule for returning.
- Secure your windows and lock them. Close the blinds or curtains. This will decrease the chance of someone looking into your dorm room when you are away.
- Your BuzzCard is more than identification. If you lose your BuzzCard, be sure to report it immediately so we can deactivate your card. Otherwise, someone else may be dining on your BuzzFunds.
- Conceal any money or valuables in a diversion-type safe or other locked container. Diversion safes come disguised as a number of familiar commercial products and can hide your valuables without attracting any attention to them.
- Take expensive electronics with you. If you cannot take it with you make sure to place it in an area that is out of plain sight, for example in a drawer, under the pillow, in a closet behind or beneath clothing.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Sara Warner
- Created: 12/07/2016
- Modified By: Sara Warner
- Modified: 12/07/2016