SEUSS Call for Papers
The 35th annual SEUSS will be held Friday and Saturday, February 24-25th, 2017 at Morehouse College. The Symposium provides undergraduate students a unique opportunity to participate in a professional meeting. Students may present a paper or a panel. Any area of sociological significance is welcome.
Students who submit full papers by the January 31, 2017 deadline will be eligible for an Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research (1st place $100, 2nd place $75, 3rd place $50) and have their papers published in Challenge OnLine, the interdisciplinary journal of Morehouse College. All presenters receive a Certificate of Professional Participation and all abstracts are published in the Symposium Proceedings.
Opening Banquet. An opening plenary banquet will be held on Friday, February 24, 2017 for all participants. Please consult the webpage for more information and updates.
Application Procedure. The deadline for receipt of abstracts is Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
- Students interested in presenting a paper should submit a one-page abstract with the full name and institution of the presenter.
- Students interested in organizing a panel should submit a one-page abstract with full names and institutions of the organizer and panel participants.
- Abstracts should include enough detail to allow reviewers to make informed decisions.
- Abstracts must be accompanied by a statement from a faculty member indicating that the paper or panel will be complete and ready for presentation on February 25, 2017.
- Email the abstract from the faculty sponsor’s email as an MS Word attachment to Dr. Adria Welcher at firstname.lastname@example.org. Name the submitted file as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTINITIAL_SHORT TITLE. Please type “SEUSS ABSTRACT” in the subject line of the email.
Notice of Acceptance. Students will receive notification of acceptance and registration information for submitting the complete paper; submitting detailed information on the panel; and presentation procedures for both formats the week of February 6-10, 2017.
A nominal registration fee of $25, payable to: Morehouse College – Sociology, is charged to help defray the costs of the Friday evening banquet and publication of the Proceedings.
Information about last year’s SEUSS and regular updates on application, registration, and accommodations are available at http://www.sociology.emory.edu/SEUSS/.