EXPLORE Science and Math!
We will invite admitted prospective students to attend our EXPLORE Science and Math! program. EXPLORE Science and Math! is the Georgia Tech College of Sciences program for admitted prospective students and their guests.
The program introduces prospective students to the classes and research opportunities available to them as College of Sciences scholars. Members of the College of Sciences faculty and administration will be on hand to answer questions and offer guidance on academic advising. Prospective students will also attend a Science and Math fair that will include several campus-wide organizations, as well as students currently studying in their field of interest. Space fills up quickly so invitees should register as early as possible.
Due to the popularity of this event, we can accommodate only admitted students and their guests. We encourage others with an interest in Georgia Tech's science and mathematics degree programs to attend one of our "It's All About Science and Math" open houses.
9:00-9:30: Arrive on campus
- Park in Visitor Lot 1 or 3 (to be eligible for parking validation) and walk to the Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons room 144. Refreshments will be available.
9:30: Welcome and Overview of Opportunities in the College of Sciences- Dean Paul Goldbart, Associate Dean David Collard, Assistant Dean Cameron Tyson
10:15: Research Keynote Talks by Professors (Mini-research symposium)
12:00: Lunch-Meet with professors, advisors and students from your preferred major (a free box lunch and drinks are provided for students and guests)
1:00: Science and Math Fair
- Visit with: School advisors, student organizations, undergraduate researchers, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, the Office of International Education, the Pre-Health Advisor/Prehealth Panel, the Office of Housing, Arts at Georgia Tech representatives, Greek Life science and math majors, Honors Program representatives, Campus recreation representatives, the Office of Career Development and Discovery (co-ops, internships, career planning), GT campus safety, and tour Clough Commons laboratories.
2:40: Student Panel
- Gain new insights from students – housing, class selection, getting a research position, study abroad, … and much more (you ask the questions – what do you want to know?)
3:15: Closing/Departure/Visit Residence Hall Option
- Collect parking voucher from registration desk
- Option: GT Housing representatives will offer a visit to a GT campus residence hall/dorm room from 3:15-4:00pm. Please meet outside of room Clough 152 in the atrium. The tour will involve a 10-minute walk to west campus housing.
Please contact Cameron Tyson.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Matt Barr
- Modified By:Fletcher Moore