SCL Course: Measuring and Managing Performance in Supply Chain and Logistics Operations
Develop effective supply chain performance measurement processes to drive alignment across the corporation. Corporations often struggle with a lack of alignment between financial goals and operational metrics. Additionally, today’s information technology often overwhelms management with data and metrics. In this 3-day course you will learn how to develop metrics that synchronize supply chain and logistics metrics with key company financial metrics and goals. Through coursework and hands-on exercises, students learn to tailor metrics and measurement processes to focus on the most important aspects of the operations and overall corporate goals. As part of the course, performance dashboards from participating student companies and best-in-class organizations will be critiqued. The methods learned in the course are intended to be immediately put to use in the corporate environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Chief supply chain officers, executive vice presidents of supply chain, executive vice presidents of procurement, company owners, logistics service providers, consultants, vice presidents of sales operations, vice presidents/directors of process improvement, executive/senior/vice presidents/directors of supply chain, executive/senior/vice presidents/directors of logistics, executive/senior/vice presidents/directors of procurement, executive/senior/vice presidents/directors of manufacturing, executive/senior/vice presidents/directors of distribution
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop your competencies so you can increase your proficiency in management of data and metrics.
- Learn how to develop metrics that synchronize supply chain and logistics metrics with key company financial metrics and goals.
- Have your company’s performance dashboards (KPIs) critiqued.
- Immediately put the methods learned in the course to use in the corporate environment.
- Learn about the latest research on the strategic value of measuring and managing corporate performance.
- Design a performance measurement architecture using its three dimensions: types of measures + measuring context + stakeholders’ perspectives.
- Learn how to design a supply chain and logistics services performance dashboard, how to populate an existing dashboard, and how to conduct a financial justification analysis based on operational performance metrics and external benchmarks.
- Learn about technology issues relative to performance measurement such as applications for building dashboards, mobile reporting, and big data analytics.
- Learn about cultural issues around measuring performance especially those regarding results-oriented work environments (ROWE), performance-based incentives and human talent evaluation.
- Learn how to manage performance of business partners.
WHAT IS COVERED
- Strategic value of measuring & managing corp performance
- Designing a performance measurement architecture
- Exercises to illustrate how to design a supply chain and logistics services performance dashboard
- Discussions on technology issues: applications for building dashboards, mobile reporting and big data analytics
- Discussions on cultural issues such as Results-Oriented Work Environments (ROWE), performance-based incentives & human talent evaluation, and managing performance of business partners
Participants receive a course notebook.
This course is part of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Certificate.
On the first day, please check in at least 30 minutes before the class start time.
- First Day (8:30am-5:30pm)
- Second Day (8:30am-5:30pm)
- Third/Last Day (8:30am-5:30pm)