SCL Course: Supply Chain Risk Management
COURSE DESCRIPTIONIn today’s global economy, operating risks are increasingly on the minds of executives. The specific context of operating risk can range from general areas of business continuity to the effects of natural disasters. In this course participants will gain a solid understanding of Supply Chain Risk Management principals including effective ways to identify, mitigate and measure the impact of potential supply chain disruptions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Chief Operating Officers, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Finance Management Executives (Directors, VPs, EVPs)
- Supply Chain and Logistics Managers, Consultants, Supervisors, Planners, and Engineers
- Supply Chain Education and Human Resource Management personnel
- Inventory and Demand Planners
- Procurement and Sourcing Analysts and Managers
- Manufacturing Planners, Analysts, and Managers
- Sales Operations Managers, Analysts, Planners, Supervisors, Directors
HOW YOU WILL BENEFITUpon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a broader, more comprehensive understanding of how their company’s supply chain may be at risk
- More effectively communicate to their company’s stakeholders the realities of supply chain risks
- Build a cross-functional understanding of the building blocks for an effective Supply Chain Risk Management to be used in their particular business
- Improve their company’s Supply Chain Risk Mitigation program
WHAT IS COVERED
- The difference between crisis management and supply chain risk management
- The significant long term impact of supply chain disruptions
- Why supply chain risk management activities require enterprise wide participation
- How companies can take proactive, actionable steps to add significant resiliency to their supply chain operation, often without requiring significant levels of investments
ON-CAMPUS COURSE MATERIALSParticipants receive a course notebook, an in-class software demonstration, and hand-out materials.
COURSE PREREQUISITESNo prerequisites. For those interested in earning the Supply and Demand Planning Certificate, take the below core courses and one elective course within four years. Please note that we are offering all three core courses in the series during the week of June 6, 2016 on the Georgia Tech campus.
- World Class Sales and Operations Planning
- Integrated Business Planning
- Supply Chain Risk Management
REQUIRED MATERIALLaptop computer by the student.
CERTIFICATE INFORMATIONThis course is part of the Supply and Demand Planning (SDP) Certificate. PROGRAM TIMES On the first day, please check in at least 30 minutes before the class start time.
- First Day (8:00am-5:00pm)
- Second Day (8:00am-12:00pm)
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Andy Haleblian
- Created: 10/18/2016
- Modified By: Andy Haleblian
- Modified: 11/01/2016