Michael E. GambleJob Title: Director of Graduate Studies and Associate Professor, School of Architecture Primary Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.gg-architects.com Phone: Work: (404) 894-4885 Address:
247 4th StreetRoom 357
Atlanta, GA 30332-0155
Auburn University, School of Architecture — Bachelor of Architecture, June 1989
Georgia Institute of Technology — Master of Architecture, June 1990
Harvard University, Graduate School of Design — Master of Design Studies with Distinction, June 1996
Director of Graduate Studies, School of Architecture, Georgia Tech, Present
Creative Director, Gamble + Gamble Architects, Present
Associate Professor, Georgia Tech, Present
Director, Modern Architecture and Modern Cities, Georgia Tech, Present
Founder, Gamble + Gamble, 1993 – Present
Design, Houses/Housing, Urban Design, Construction Technology and Fabrication, Energy
Michael is a registered architect, director of graduate studies at Georgia Tech’s School of Architecture, and creative director at Gamble + Gamble Architects in Atlanta. His design-driven research operates at a variety of scales, from house to city, with emphases on innovation, alternative energy, and building technology pursued within the context of a larger concern for the creation of healthy, well-conceived environments. He has received numerous awards for excellence in design and scholarship. www.gg-architects.com
In addition to his awarding winning work at Gamble + Gamble, Michael’s research has received grants from the The Alcoa Foundation, The Kendeda Foundation, Center for Quality Growth and Regional Development, the National Endowments of the Arts, and received First Prize for Research in an international competition sponsored by the Environmental Design and Research Association. Gamble has published essays on the design of the public realm in Harvard Design Magazine (with W. Jude Leblanc) and the Book Writing Urbanism, published by Routledge. In 2014, his work on housing and energy was exhibited in Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta with several forthcoming journal articles planned for 2016. www.zedhstudio.com
Awards and Publications
- Award of Excellence, Atlanta Urban Design Commission, Atlanta Daily World, 2015.
- Preservation Award - Excellence in Rehabilitation, The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation, Atlanta Daily World, 2015.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation, Atlanta Daily World, Top Ten Saves, 2014.
- Merit Award, Paulk Residence, American Institute of Architects, Georgia Chapter, 2014.
- Dwell on Design, Invited Exhibitor, Los Angeles, 2014.
- Merit Award, Paulk Residence, American Institute of Architects, Atlanta Chapter, 2014.
- Finalist, Paulk Residence, World Architecture Festival, Singapore, 2013.
- First Prize, G+G Architects. Revitalization of the Clermont Hotel. Atlanta, GA. 2009.
- Merit Award, Design with Brick Competition, 41 Beverly, September 2007.
- Museum of Design Atlanta, Resurgens Exhibit, How the Environment Effects Health, June – Sept. 2007.
- Southern Polytechnic State University, “12 pack” exhibition featuring work of 12 firms, April 2007.
- Honor Award, AIA Atlanta, Kendeda Sustainable House, 2006.
- First Place, Sustainable Home Competition, Kendeda Sustainable House, September 2006.
- “The Sustainable Home Competition” published in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles, November 2006.
- “Thinking Outside the Box” published in The Atlantan, September 2006.
- Merit Award, AIA Georgia, Fields/Badoud Art Studio, 2005.
- Merit Award, AIA Atlanta, Fields/Badoud Art Studio, 2005.
- Museum of Design Atlanta, Exhibit: Fields/Badoud Studio, 2005.
- First Place, Places/EDRA Research Competition, “Incremental Urbanism” with Jude LeBlanc, 2004.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, “Groundbreakers: G+G Architects”, Fall 2004.
- Harvard Design Magazine, “Incremental Urbanism”, Michael Gamble with Jude LeBlanc, Fall/Winter 2004.
- AIA / Young Architects Forum, “Emerging Voices” Award, 2001.