Pedestrian Path Renovation: McCamish to North Parking Deck
Renovations to the east-west pedestrian path will require basketball fans and other users to take alternative routes across the north side of campus until mid-February. The walkway that connects Atlantic Drive to Fowler Street NW, following along the rear of the Molecular Science & Engineering Building and west of the Griffin Track Stadium will be re-sloped and protective landscaping will be added.
- Chip gravel will replace some concrete near Atlantic Drive to test permeability and durability of the material. If the material performs well, we will consider using it throughout the Eco-Commons project.
- The granite retaining wall will be extended.
- Additional native shrubs and other plants will add to the Eco-commons plan.
- Sidewalks will be widened and re-sloped for improved accessibility.
- Start Date: Monday, November 18, 2015
- Anticipated End Date: February 19, 2016 (unless we experience weather delays)
Campus Detours or Interruptions:
Interlocking safety barricades and signage will be installed to clearly identify the construction area and prevent faculty, students, and staff from accessing the work area. Pedestrian access from the North Parking deck to the McCamish Pavilion during this work will be available on the southern 10th Street sidewalk, adjacent to the Georgia Tech campus.