Who Owns the Streets?
Sally Flocks, President and CEO of PEDS, will speak and participate in a panel discussion focused on what may be the most valuable land in our cities: the streets. Streets have many uses, only one of which is moving cars.
Who should have authority to make decisions about our streets? The parties that own the land? The people who currently use the streets? Or the people who live in communities roads run through?
Just as important, how can we equitably distribute the physical space between users and uses?
Join us at Georgia Tech to hear what historians, advocates, developers, and transportation professionals have to say about this.
- Timothy Crimmins – Georgia State University
- Jim Durrett – Buckhead Community Improvement District
- Sally Flocks – PEDS
- Andrew Heath – Georgia Department of Transportation
- Becky Katz – City of Atlanta
- Katherine Kelley – Green Street Properties
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kristen Bailey
- Created: 11/05/2015
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 04/13/2017