Urban Design & People: Barnes & Noble Book Signing
Georgia Tech Barnes & Noble will host a book signing for Professor of Practice Michael Dobbins' Urban Design & People. Friday, August 28th at 6:30 PM.
48 5th Street NW âˆ™ Atlanta, GA 30308 âˆ™ 404-894-2515 âˆ™ http://gatech.bkstore.com
Based on author Michael Dobbins's forty years of practice and teaching in urban design and planning, this text offers an insider's perspective on the day-to-day work of an urban designer. Readers gain a solid foundation in urban design theory, as well as commonsense design strategies and practices that work. The author's straightforward, accessible explanations coupled with plenty of photographs and drawings make everything in the text easy to understand and easy to put into practice.
Starting from the premise that urban designers must understand and work with all of the different forces involved in planning, designing, and developing urban environments, the book sets forth a comprehensive framework for urban design principles and strategies. Throughout the text, therefore, the author keeps readers focused on the importance of three key processes that are essential for effective urban design:
- Actively engaging the community in design and development decisions
- Considering the interests of all parties involved in regulating, building, and using urban spaces
- Coordinating all the disciplines responsible for designing public places, including city planning, architecture, civil engineering, and landscape architecture
With its hands-on, how-to advice, this text enables students and professionals in urban design, as well as community members, to effectively and fully participate in designing urban environments.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Teri Nagel
- Modified By:Fletcher Moore