SCL Course: Integrated Business Planning
This course provides a holistic view toward corporate profitability and supports effective complexity management. Participants will learn about the challenges of today's operating environment with "big data," cross-functional consensus and strategies that impact profitability. Integrated Business Planning (IBP) building blocks will be provided that solve these challenges. Break-out sessions will allow participants to apply these IBP concepts with an interactive tool.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Chief Financial Officers
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Financial Professionals
- Marketing or Sales Executives (Managers, Directors, VPs, EVPs)
- Supply Chain and Logistics Managers, Consultants, Supervisors, Planners, and Engineers
- Supply Chain Education and Human Resource Management personnel
- Inventory Planners
- Procurement and Sourcing Analysts and Managers
- Transportation Planners, Managers, and Engineers
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a solid understanding of Integrated Business Planning in terms of definition, challenges and competitive benefits
- More effectively champion the need for Integrated Business Planning cross-functional activities
- More effectively champion the value of IBP in developing specific strategies and measuring their impact
- Learn about the fundamentals for building an innovative and competitive approach to Integrated Business Planning
- Learn how to apply IBP techniques in individual company environments to drive sustained performance improvement
- Learn how to leverage Big Data techniques to identify opportunities, solutions, and consensus
WHAT IS COVERED
- The difference between Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) activities
- The value of IBP to increase profitability and decrease Net Landed Cost to Serve by developing and implementing targeted operating strategies (e.g. customer/product segmentation activities)
- How decision makers can make smarter decisions and create laser-specific strategies using detailed and actionable performance insights
- The three main building blocks for creating an effective IBP solution
ON-CAMPUS COURSE MATERIALS
Participants receive a course notebook and reading materials.
Laptop computer by the student.
This course is part of the Supply and Demand Planning (SDP) Certificate.
On the first day, please check in at least 30 minutes before the class start time.
- First Day (1:00am-5:00pm)
- Second Day (8:00am-5:00pm)