Summer International Student Check-In
International student advisors will be available during this time so that international students beginning a new academic program at Georgia Tech in summer 2015 can complete international student check-in. After you have completed check-in, OIE will be able to remove your registration hold and you'll be able to register for classes.
International student advisors are available from 8:30-11:30 am and 1:30-4:30 pm.
International student check-in has many steps, many of which you can do before coming to OIE.
- Upload a copy of your F-1 / J-1 Visa into iStart (you can do this from home!).
- Upload a copy of your I-20 / DS-2019 into iStart (you can do this from home!).
- Upload I-94 documentation into iStart. If you were issued a paper I-94 by Customs and Border Protection, upload copies of the front and back of the paper I-94. If you have an electronic I-94 record, you will use your biographical and arrival information to access and print their electronic I-94 from the Customs and Border Protection I-94 Admission Retrieval website. Print the record and upload it to iStart.
- Read and Electronically “Sign” the student compliance form. A copy of the form will be emailed to you after you sign. The F-1 compliance form is also available on OIE’s website here. The J-1 compliance form can be found here.
- Unable to access your I-94? Click here for help.
- Make sure you have a SEVIS Inside and SEVIS Outside address in Buzzport.
- Meet with an International Student Advisor who will check your documents and remove your hold.
Find more information on our International Student Check-In website.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Emily Dolezal
- Created: 04/16/2015
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 04/13/2017