Time to Register for Fall Housing and ThinkBig Programs
It is spring semester and you know what that means—time for students to start thinking about the fall semester! In addition to classes, students need to consider where they are going to live. Students planning to live on campus during the 2015-2016 Academic Year will apply online February 4-25, 2015.
Upperclassmen will self-assign and second-year students will be auto-assigned via StarRez, the Department of Housing’s residential management software. Among its many features, StarRez enables students to list building preferences and find a roommate online.
The roommate selection process helps students find people based on profile comparisons which makes it easier for roommates to be a good fit. For those who already know who they want to room with, students are able to request roommates in their application.
The Central Housing Office website provides abundant information related to on-campus living. Please visit housing.gatech.edu or call 404-894-2470 for assistance with any questions concerning your 2015-2016 housing application.
ThinkBig Living Learning Communities
ThinkBig is an opt-in program that allows students and faculty to interact informally outside the classroom. Students live with others interested in the same topic and participate in activities in their halls and off campus. Questions about ThinkBig may be directed to Holly Shikano at 404-385-4184. Visit thinkbig.gatech.edu for details. The 2015-2016 ThinkBig programs are:
- Astrobiology-Dr. Loren Williams
- ATL: Explore, Dream, Discover-Dr. Joy Robinson
- Center Stage: The Performing Arts and Georgia Tech – Professor Melissa Foulger
- Hollywood South: The Indie Filming Revolution- Dr. John Thornton
- Music Matters-Dr. Jason Freeman
- StartUp House: Live Your Start Up! – Professor Keith McGreggor
- Sustainability & Society-Dr. Jeanette Yen
- Thought for Food – Professor Eric Schumacher