Prepare Now for Severe Weather
The week of Feb. 2 is Severe Weather Awareness Week in Georgia. Take time this week to prepare yourself for weather events that can affect campus and you.
- Monitor weather conditions when threatening storms are in the area.
- Know where you would shelter during a tornado warning. Seek shelter indoors, away from windows, and on the lowest level possible (preferably a basement).
- Make sure you are signed up to receive emergency alerts through the Georgia Tech Emergency Notification System (GTENS). You can register your cell phone number through Passport.
- Download the Georgia Tech In Case of Crisis App to your smart phone or tablet to have emergency plans, procedures, guidance and tips at your fingertips.
As part of Severe Weather Awareness Week, the Georgia Tech Office of Emergency Preparedness will conduct a full test of all emergency notification systems , including GTENS, on Thursday, Feb. 5, at 11 a.m.
For more information about severe weather, visit emergencypreparedness.gatech.edu and follow Emergency Preparedness on Facebook and Twitter.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kristen Bailey
- Created: 02/02/2015
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016