Community Based Science for Action's Toxic Tour of Plaquemines Parish
On Saturday, November 15, community members in Ironton, Myrtle Grove and Wood Park will host a toxic tour of their neighborhood.
Global Community Monitor has partnered with this community to do a year-long monitoring project around coal export. Take advantage of the opportunity to visit the site and hear directly from community leaders!
Tour will include stops in three communities in Plaquemines Parish:
1) Ironton – Meet with community leaders for an overview of local history and a discussion of the proposed coal export facility, RAM, directly adjacent to Ironton. Read about results of the current air monitoring project.
2) Myrtle Grove – Meet with community leaders and discuss issues surrounding the nearby coal export UNITED BULK terminal & lawsuit.
3) Woodpark – Visit adjacent community of Woodpark, 250 feet from coal export operation.
RETURN TO HYATT REGENCY BETWEEN 4:00 & 5:00 PM
This event is coordinated by the Community Based Science for Action Conference.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Meghan McMullen
- Modified By:Fletcher Moore