“One Georgia Tech” Flexible Manufacturing Workshop
The “One Georgia Tech” Flexible Manufacturing Workshop brings together researchers with interests at the intersection of robotics, materials, and manufacturing to explore new research collaborations and seek funding that is larger than the grants a small group of researchers can win alone.
The event will offer participants the opportunity to identify core research strengths that can be leveraged for large-scale manufacturing proposals.
Learn more about the breadth and depth of research being conducted across Georgia Tech in these related areas, and how Tech’s Interdisciplinary Research Institutes (IRIs) can help support faculty and student engagement, knowledge sharing, and collaborative research opportunities. The program includes:
- An overview of three IRIs: Institute for Robotics and Intelligent Machines (IRIM), Institute for Materials (IMat), and Manufacturing Institute (GTMI)
- Presentations of ongoing research
- Breakout sessions to identify major research thrusts and synergies
- Group discussions to identify key challenges for the future of manufacturing and the most promising funding opportunities that leverage core Georgia Tech research strengths
The workshop will be held in the GTRI Food Processing Technology Building, which is part of the North Avenue Research Area, located at 640 Strong Street.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Josie Giles
- Created: 06/03/2014
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016