SCL Course: Lean Inbound Logistics (Savannah, GA)
Spend one week in Savannah, GA this Fall and complete TWO courses toward your Supply Chain and Logistics Certificate! This new 2-day course will include a special tour of the Port of Savannah area focused on the offloading processes and the receiving process at a nearby Distribution Center. Stay October 1-3 and attend our "Transportation and Distribution Planning and Management" course which also includes a tour of Port – focused on the container transition processes from yard through to intermodal and over the road networks.
The efficient flow of inbound materials through your supply chain can have a significant impact on cost, quality, service, and delivery to your customer. With continued pressures from globalization, market volatility, and innovation expectations, companies are extending their reliance on lean principles to outside the four walls of the manufacturing facility.
Lean inbound logistics requires strategic coordination to synchronize suppliers, transportation providers and multiple supply chain partners. And like all complex multi-party operations, the road to improvement will have its challenges. Such hurdles could include balancing inventory cost with transportation cost, the lack of leadership understanding and support, and the realities of incumbent manufacturing and procurement contracts and systems.
This course focuses on the why and how to implement lean logistics to support the lean supply chain operations – both in manufacturing and distribution. Areas of focus include: lean strategy development, identifying and overcoming operational realities, and learning the tools necessary for successful implementation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Chief Supply Chain Officers
- Executive Vice Presidents of Supply Chain
- Executive Vice Presidents of Procurement
- Company Owners
- Logistics Service Providers
- Vice Presidents of Sales Operations
- Vice Presidents/Directors of Process Improvement
- Executive/Senior/Vice Presidents/Directors of Supply Chain
- Executive/Senior/Vice Presidents/Directors of Logistics
- Executive/Senior/Vice Presidents/Directors of Procurement
- Executive/Senior/Vice Presidents/Directors of Manufacturing
- Executive/Senior/Vice Presidents/Directors of Distribution
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Map a current inbound logistics network
- Appreciate the distinct nature of the inbound logistics network as a link to suppliers and manufacturing facilities and part of the overall value chain
- Calculate total logistics costs
- Design a future state network based on lean principles
- Learn techniques in transportation management, supplier management, and materials planning to achieve improved material flow balances and reduced overall costs
- Learn the keys to strategic supplier management
- Understand how lean guiding principles serve as the strategic pathway to lean inbound logistics
- Understand Milk-Run development and mode selection
WHAT IS COVERED
- Lean Strategy Development
- Identifying and Overcoming Operational Realities
- Learning the Tools Necessary for Successful Implementation
ON-CAMPUS COURSE MATERIALS
Participants receive a course notebook and the Building a Lean Fulfillment Streamworkbook
Brad Bossence is the Vice President of Customer Relations for LeanCor Supply Chain Group.
Founded in 2005, LeanCor is a trusted supply chain partner that delivers operational improvement and measurable financial results. Unlike other third party logistics providers, LeanCor offers a unique combination of third party logistics services, hands-on consulting, and training and education.
Brad has over 14 years of third party logistics experience with a specific focus in Japanese production system environments such as Toyota USA, Toyota Canada, Toyota Europe, Kubota, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Subaru. His previous roles include General Manager of Logistics and Operations at Transfreight as well as various contract and operations management positions across the globe.
As the Vice President of Customer Relations, Brad’s responsibilities have included the vision, leadership and momentum necessary for LeanCor to develop and significantly grow its global customer base. In addition, he has led on a variety of extensive customer projects – most recently with Cummins Inc. in San Luis Potosi, Mexico on a Materials Flow Redesign and Warehouse Relocation. LeanCor is committed to continuous improvement and fully recognizes performance is measured by real results. As an operator and thought leader, LeanCor relentlessly tries to optimize those processes that add value and eliminate those that are waste.
Brad holds a Bachelor of Commerce and an MBA with a focus in International Business and Organizational Behavior from the University of Windsor. He is a certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR), and holds various lean and six sigma accreditations.
Brad resides in Newnan, Georgia with his wife Aubre and their son Townes.
This course counts towards the Supply Chain & Logistics Certificate.
On the first day, please check in at least 30 minutes before the class start time.
- First Day (8:00am-5:00pm)
- Second Day (8:00am-5:00pm)
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Andy Haleblian
- Modified By:Fletcher Moore