Faculty Definition Changes Near Final Approval
During the Feb. 18 faculty governance meeting, proposed changes regarding the definition of “faculty” in the faculty handbook made it past the first of two readings. The proposed changes will alter the existing definitions of faculty members who can participate in faculty governance. If approved, nearly all job titles will fit into these categories: academic faculty, research faculty, or staff.Changes to the faculty handbook require two separate readings and votes of the general faculty. The second reading will occur on April 22. (Visit http://c.gatech.edu/MLX7QU to read the proposed Draft 2014 Faculty Handbook and provide feedback.)In other meeting news:
- Due to campus closures the week of Feb. 10, a makeup schedule has been implemented for faculty to use if needed. Classes can meet during allotted time slots from March 3-14 to make up for instructional class time. Details are available at http://c.gatech.edu/1jYhCYO.
- Three finalists have been selected for the position of dean of the Scheller College of Business. Campus visits are scheduled for Feb. 27-28, March 4-5, and March 11-12. Public presentations are scheduled for 11 a.m. in the LeCraw Auditorium, Scheller College of Business, on the first day of each visit.
- Nominations for faculty governance committees are being accepted. Faculty who are elected to the committees will serve from August 2014 to August 2017. The nominating committee is in the process of finishing up the ballot. For more information, visit http://c.gatech.edu/1j7ReZR.
- Beginning fall 2014, all master’s students who register for thesis hours will be required to complete responsible conduct of research (RCR) education. Students must select at least one of the following options: complete an online RCR course, complete an RCR course that has already been approved to satisfy the in-person RCR training requirement for doctoral students, or receive at least four contact hours of RCR education during a course that is a required part of the curriculum for the student’s respective master’s degree.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Amelia Pavlik
- Created: 03/03/2014
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016