These employees and units have received honors in recent months:
- Bob Canada of the Department of Housing received the Procurement Officer of the Year award from the Governmental Procurement Association of Georgia.
- Marilyn Somers, director of the Living History Program, received the 2013 Award for Excellence in Alumni Relations from the Georgia Education Advancement Council.
- Lance Fortnow, chair of the School of Computer Science, has a book, The Golden Ticket: P, NP and the Search for the Impossible, on the Amazon 2013 Best Books of the Year: Science List.
- Ravi Bellamkonda, the Wallace H. Coulter Professor and Departmental Chair in Biomedical Engineering, has been selected to receive the Society for Biomaterials’ Clemson Award for Applied Research.
- Baabak Ashuri, assistant professor in the School of Building Construction, was recently named to Engineering News Record Southeast’s “Top 20 Under 40” List for 2014.
- Cheryl LaFoy, director of event operations for the Georgia Tech Athletic Association, received a Georgia Tech Police Department Community Partner Award.
- Kelly Comfort, an associate professor in the School of Modern Languages, won a Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award for 2013.
- The College of Computing won the 2013 Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award for an Outstanding Department.
- Matt Nagel, director of media relations and issues management in Institute Communications, has been selected to join the National Press Club.
- Biing-Hwang “Fred” Juang, Motorola Foundation Chair Professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, has been named a Fellow of the National Academy of Inventors.
- Ellen Zegura, professor in the College of Computing, has been named an Association for Computing Machinery Fellow.
- Mark Edward Hay, professor in the School of Biology; Hang Lu, professor in the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering; Suresh Menon, professor in the School of Aerospace Engineering; and Henrik Christensen, professor in the School of Interactive Computing, have been elected American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellows.
Award information is accepted on an ongoing basis. Provide name, title, unit, and honor (spelling out acronyms) to email@example.com.