Buzzworthy Achievements at Tech
The following Georgia Tech employees and units have received honors in recent months:
- Bob Nerem, professor emeritus in the School of Mechanical Engineering, was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society-Americas Chapter.
- Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) named the following people GTRI Fellows for 2014: Gisele Bennett, director of GTRI’s Electro-Optical Systems Lab; Wayne Daley, principal research engineer in GTRI’s Aerospace, Transportation, and Advanced Systems Laboratory; Lou Fertig, principal research engineer for the Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory; and Bill Underwood, principal research scientist in the Information and Communications Laboratory.
- Elizabeth Campell, an employee of Institute Communications who died last spring, was awarded a Community Partner Award for 2012 from the Georgia Tech Police Department.
- The Student Alumni Association received Council for Advancement and Support of Education-affiliated Student Advancement Programs Awards for its Mentor Jackets and Expert Jackets programs.
- Rich DeMillo, director of the Center for 21st Century Universities, was named an inaugural Lumina Foundation Fellow.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admission was named one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Alexander Alexeev, assistant professor in the School of Mechanical Engineering, received a CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation.
- Stacy Braukman, Campaign Georgia Tech writer and editor, will receive a Willie Lee Rose Award from the Southern Association for Women Historians for her book, Communists and Perverts under the Palms.
- Zhong Lin Wang, Regents Professor in the School of Materials Science and Engineering, was awarded the 2014 James C. McGroddy Prize for New Materials from the American Physical Society.
- Christine Ries, professor in the School of Economics, was elected to serve on the board of the Georgia Cyber Academy.
- Lon Pringle was named GTRI’s director for research.
- Jeffrey Hu, associate professor in Scheller College of Business, received the inaugural Best Paper in Information Systems Award for Management Science.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Amelia Pavlik
- Created: 01/06/2014
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016