BOR Approves Endowed Chair, Other Positions
During its monthly meeting, Nov. 12-13, the Board of Regents voted to establish a new endowed chair position, new special faculty positions for the Brook Byers Institute for Sustainable Systems, and a new professorship.
These included the Linda J. and Mark C. Smith Chair in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the Brook Byers special faculty positions, and the Chandler Family Early Career Professorship in the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE).
The following faculty appointments were also approved:
- Todd McDevitt to the Carol Ann and David D. Flanagan Professorship in the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- Krishnendu Roy to the Carol Ann and David D. Flanagan Professorship in the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- Ton Dieker to the Fouts Family Early Career Professorship in ISyE.
- Joel Sokol to the Fouts Family Early Career Professorship in ISyE.
- Santanu Dey to the Fouts Family Early Career Professorship in ISyE.
- Nagi Gebraeel to the Chandler Family Early Career Professorship in ISyE.
- Paul Russo to the Hightower Chair in Biopolymers in the School of Materials Science and Engineering.
- Suresh Menon (College of Engineering) to the Hightower Professorship in Engineering.
In other meeting news, 20 Tech baccalaureate programs were terminated, because they are no longer offered. (There will be no adverse effect on faculty or students.)
Also, the Committee of the Whole/Organization and Law met and adopted several revised policies, including language that would expand the possibilities whereby faculty members employed at University System of Georgia international campuses could gain and retain tenure. (This item was brought forward due to discussions involving Georgia Tech Lorraine.)
For the full meeting agenda, click here.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Amelia Pavlik
- Modified By:Fletcher Moore