Nutrition and Your Student
This year GT Dining is making it easier than ever for students to make healthy decisions thanks to our new program called Mindful.
Mindful meals will be available at several of our dining locations campus wide. The Mindful meals and entrées will fill your student’s plate with less than 600 calories due to the use of more vegetables, fruits, whole grains and less fat. Mindful doesn’t stop at entrées, soups and desserts are in this program as well. Mindful soups will have a significant decrease in sodium averaging out to less than 700mg per 8-oz. Mindful desserts will have less than 200 calories and at least 1g of fiber due to less refined sugar and more fresh fruits.
This year students will also be able to take advantage of a new concept located at Woodruff Dining Hall called Simple Servings. Simple Servings is a new resident dining option that provides safe and appetizing food choices for customers with food allergies, gluten intolerance, or other special dietary needs. The Simple Servings station offers simply prepared foods made without the FDA most common allergens: peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, wheat, soy, milk products, and eggs. In addition, all foods are made without gluten.
We encourage students to explore the variety of services and resources listed below and establish healthy habits today.
- Consultations with the registered dietitian for a personalized plan
- Nutrition facts and allergen information at Georgia Tech Dining Services
- Eating Disorder Treatment Team to support students affected by disordered eating at www.eatingdisorders.gatech.edu
- Facebook & Twitter messages for the health of it
- Pinterest page full of quick and healthy recipe ideas and other timely health topics
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Rachael Pocklington
- Modified By:Fletcher Moore