Win the Georgia Tech 2013 Family of the Year Award
The Georgia Tech Parents Program seeks to honor and celebrate the supportive role families play in the lives of students and the Georgia Tech community. The Family of the Year Award demonstrates that relationships and support are critical for a student’s collegiate success.
Georgia Tech values all families! At Georgia Tech “family” can be defined as individuals and group members who support their student’s success. Family members may include parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, extended relations, and close friends.
The selected Family of the Year will receive:
- A two night stay at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center for the dates of September 20 & 21, 2013 (one, non-smoking double delux queen room)
- Family Weekend 2013 Registration Fee waiver
- Up to four Family Weekend 2013 T-shirts
- Up to four tickets for the Diavolo performance at the Ferst Center for the Arts on Friday, September 20
- Up to four Family Weekend 2013 Tailgate Tickets
- A commemorative award presented at the Family Weekend 2013 Tailgate
- Up to four tickets for the Georgia Tech vs. University of North Carolina Football Game on Saturday, September 21
- Recognition in the October edition of ParentNews
- A completed Georgia Tech 2013 Family of the Year Award application form.
- Nomination letters/essays should be no more than 800 words describing why you believe your family is worthy of this special award. Nomination letters/essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Evidence of family’s support for student’s collegiate success
- Evidence of family’s support and enthusiasm for Georgia Tech
3. Photo of student nominator with nominee(s) (in Tech gear if possible)
All nomination materials must be received by the Parents Program by Friday, August 30, 2013. Nominations may be submitted in person to the Parents Program in Suite 123 of the Smithgall Student Services (Flag) Building or electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Georgia Tech undergraduate students enrolled in Fall 2013 courses for credit or who are participating in a registered intern/co-op experience in Fall 2013 are eligible to nominate their family for this award.
- All families are eligible regardless of residency or alumni status.
- Family members alive or deceased may be nominated.
The selected Family of the Year will be notified by phone or email by Friday, September 6, 2013. Refunds will be issued in the event that the selected family has already registered/purchased items through the Family Weekend Registration System.
The Parents Program would like to extend a special thanks to our Family of the Year Award partners to make this award happen:
- Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
- Georgia Tech Athletics Association
- Office of the Arts