Faculty Approve Revised Handbook
During the last meeting of the General Faculty and Academic Senate of the semester, faculty members approved a revised version of the Faculty Handbook.
The handbook was revised to make the content more concise and easy to understand. For example, the first 27 sections have been reorganized into five, and bulleted lists have been added to improve clarity.
In other meeting news:
- Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs Rafael L. Bras encouraged faculty members to attend the commencement ceremony for doctoral and master’s candidates on May 3 at 7 p.m. and the two ceremonies for bachelor’s candidates on May 4 at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. All ceremonies will be held in McCamish Pavilion. More information can be found at www.gatech.edu/commencement/spring2013.
- The degree candidates for spring graduation were presented by Registrar Reta Pikowsky and were approved.
- The policy regarding expulsions was changed to state that students who are on expulsion are not eligible for readmission.
- The policy regarding academic programs that have been deactivated or terminated was changed to state that students returning to Tech cannot re-enroll in these programs. They must select active programs.
- The policy regarding academic minors was revised to clarify procedures for applying for and completing a minor.
To view the meeting agenda and supporting documents from the April meeting, click here.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Amelia Pavlik
- Modified By:Fletcher Moore