Donate Items for 2013 Earth Day Events
Kick off your spring-cleaning efforts by gathering items to contribute to Georgia Tech’s Earth Day efforts.
Until April 5, members of the campus community may donate used athletic shoes, clothing, E-waste, office supplies, and books for one of the following Earth Day projects:
- Reuse-A-Shoe: The Nike Reuse-A-Shoe pro- gram grinds up old athletic shoes and turns them into material used to build running tracks, basketball courts and tennis courts. Used athletic shoes (with rubber bottoms) can be dropped off at the Office of Solid Waste Management and Recycling (947 Atlantic Dr.), Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech Bookstore, Burdell’s, and the Campus Recreation Center (CRC).
- Clothing Swap: Gently used clothing and accessories are being collected for the fifth annual Clothing Swap, which will be held during the 2013 Earth Day celebration on Friday, April 19. At the Earth Day Celebration students, faculty, and staff may shop through the donated items — free of charge. Drop-off locations include the Office of Solid Waste Management and Recycling, Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech, Burdell’s, and the CRC.
- E-Waste Drive: Tech has partnered with Atlanta Recycling Solutions to host an electronics recycling drive. E-waste, including laptops and keyboards, can be dropped off during the Earth Day festivities, or items can be dropped off now through April 5 at the Office of Solid Waste Management and Recycling from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Office Supply Exchange: Donate your unused supplies for the Office Supply Exchange. At Earth Day, members of the campus community can shop through the donated items — free of charge. Drop off supplies at the Office of Solid Waste Management and Recycling Mondays and Wednesdays between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., or Thursdays at the Georgia Tech Farmer’s Market on Tech Walk from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Amelia Pavlik
- Created: 03/18/2013
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016