Volunteer for the Georgia Tech Publix Georgia Marathon Hydration Station
The 2013 Publix Georgia Marathon will be held on Sunday, March 17, 2013. The Go T.E.C.H. (Teams Encouraging Campus Health) Coalition will once again take part in the event by coordinating Georgia Tech’s Hydration Station on Tech Parkway.
The Georgia Tech Hydration Station marks the beginning of the last mile of the race. In order to make this a successful event for all the competing athletes, we need volunteers from the Georgia Tech community--students, faculty, and staff--to lend a helping hand. Friends, family members, and spouses can sign up to be volunteers too! Volunteers are needed for the set-up of the station prior to race, cheering and encouraging athletes, along with water distribution during the race, and the break-down and cleanup of the station as the race concludes.
For the past four years, we've been voted the Best Hydration Station and received funding to support campus health programs! The Publix Georgia Marathon is a great opportunity to volunteer and support the Georgia Tech community and help defend our "title" for the 5th year in a row. Additionally, all volunteers will receive a free t-shirt and special goodie bag at the event.
To register as a volunteer, pleasefollow the instructions below:
1) Go to http://www.doitsports.com/volunteer/join-protected-group.tcl?event_id=174848
2) Once on the group page, select Georgia Tech from the drop down menu
3) The password is: gt11 (case sensitive; use lower case)
4) Complete the online registration form
5) After registering, you will be contacted with more information
Don't miss out on the opportunity to be part of the excitement!
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Rachael Pocklington
- Created: 02/13/2013
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016