Spring 2013: Parking and Transit Guide
There are still plenty of campus parking permits available for sale to students for spring 2013. Official Georgia Tech parking permits are required for students’ vehicles, including motorcycles or motorized scooters, to be parked on campus.
To purchase a permit, visit the Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) office at 828 W. Peachtree St. in Tech Square. Students should bring their BuzzCard or license and their vehicle registration. Bill of sale is required for motorcycle/scooter permit purchases. All parking permits fees are transferred to the Bursar’s office for payment along with tuition and fees.
For students purchasing permits for spring 2013, PTS offers annual permits at prorated prices.
Students are encouraged to visit www.pts.gatech.edu and click Parking Permit Availability to view location of the current available parking permits.
Annual parking permits:
- Are valid through August 14, 2013
- Allow parking in an assigned zone at any time (except for special events)
- Can be used for after-hours parking: Monday through Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. and from 5:00 p.m. Friday to 8:00 a.m. Monday, excluding E45 and E81 (both must be vacated by 6:00 a.m.).
- Can be used in the Campus Recreation Center deck (W10) during after-hours parking times
In addition, students should take advantage of the following parking permit perks:
- Alternate parking locations for events and construction
- Email, Facebook and Twitter notifications for special events, construction, etc.
- Out-of-zone assignments if lot is full (404-385-PARK)
- Motorist Assistance Program to help with jumpstarts on weekdays (404-385-PARK)
- Online permit registration (April 15-June 15)
- Annual renewal privilege to keep same lot
- My Parking Account at www.pts.gatech.edu: update vehicle information, submit citation appeals and pay citations
- 10 days to appeal any citation online via the student appeals committee
PTS also offers specialty permits, including Evening/Weekend permits, SmartPark, for occasional drivers, motorcycle permits and carpool memberships.
The Institute also operates a vast transit system to help students traverse the campus as well as the surrounding area. The Tech Trolley and Stinger buses provide the Institute with reliable transportation within the campus borders and surrounding areas. Boarding fees and IDs are not required to ride the transit system. Students can also track arrival times for each bus at www.nextbus.com.
Late Night Transportation
The Stingerette Nighttime Shuttle provides after-hours on-campus transportation for students and employees, Monday through Sunday from 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. excluding Institute holidays. Safe Ride Home memberships can be purchased for students who need after-hours rides to the Home Park and Centennial Place communities. Call 404.385.RIDE(7433) or visit www.stingerette.com to request a ride. To use the Safe Ride Home membership, speak to a dispatcher during each call.
Also, the Midnight Rambler is a late-night shuttle that connects students from west to east campus residential areas. It has convenient stops at the Clough Undergraduate Learning Center, Student Center, and North Avenue Dining Hall, all of which operate late-night hours.
For the Disabled
Disability parking on the campus of Georgia Tech requires that a state-issued disability placard or license plate and a Georgia Tech parking permit be displayed. Parking is authorized in any handicap space on campus with these credentials.
Stingerette Paratransit Service serves members of the Georgia Tech community who need transportation assistance on campus due to permanent or temporary mobility impairments. This service operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Authorization to use this service must be obtained from the Disability Services office located in the Student Services Building (404.894.2561).
Also, all Stingers and Trolleys are lift equipped and benefit passengers in accordance with recommendations to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Follow us on Twitter @gt_park_trans or join our Facebook group to keep up with the latest improvements and innovations. Visit www.pts.gatech.edu for more details about any of our services.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Rachael Pocklington
- Created: 01/10/2013
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016