TOC Container Supply Chain Americas/Cold Chain Conference 2012 (Dec. 4-6 in Panama)
Taking place from 4-6 December 2012 at the El Panama Hotel, key representatives from Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (GTSCL) are due to speak at the TOC Container Supply Chain: Americas conference – the leading event for people who own, move and handle containerised cargo.
Joining over 300 other supply chain and shipping executives, speakers from GTSCL will participate in sessions covering supply chain performance and cold chain logistics.
Sharing his expertise on optimising network design for container logistics; Dr Donald Ratliff, Executive Director, Georgia Tech Panama Logistics Innovation Research Center, will participate in the panel on “Innovative Approaches to Improve Container Supply Chain Performance” taking place on 4 December.
Ms Jaymie Forrest, Co-Founder, Georgia Tech Integrated Food Chain Research Center, will join the specialist TOC Cold Chain stream taking place over 5 & 6 December.
Held over one-and-a-half days, TOC Cold Chain will explore the state of refrigerated logistics, shipping and cold chain infrastructure to support the growing movement of chilled and frozen goods to, from and within the Americas.
Key discussion topics include the outlook for perishable exports and imports on North-South and East-West trades, the impact of rising demand from Asia and other emerging markets, plus the current volatility in world container shipping and what this means for perishable shippers in North and Latin America.
Ms. Forrest will participate in the opening session focussing on perishable cargo trade trends and the impact for regional logistics.
Joining a panel exploring new technologies for improved efficiency, visibility and control along the cold chain, Alejandro MacCawley, also of the Georgia Tech Integrated Food Chain Research Center will present results of recent temperature tracking research for enhanced supply chain efficiency.
Other conference speakers include:
- Lea Bogatch, President - Americas, Canada & Caribbean Area, ZIM
- Debbie Corado, Latin America Director, Global Cold Chain Alliance
- Paul Gallie, Managing Director, APM Terminals Moin
- Carlos Garcia, Deputy Secretary of Cold Chain, Panama
- Miguel A. Gomez, Manager Mexico, Central America & Ecuador, Purfresh
- Eduardo Kerbel PhD, Director of Postharvest Handling and Technology, Dole Fresh Fruit International
- Alejandro MacCawley, PhD Student, Georgia Tech Integrated Food Chain Research Center
- Dr Manuel Madrid, Managing Director, Fruit Profits
- Francis McCawley, Managing Director, Maersk Container Industry San Antonio (MCIS)
- Hernan De Mezerville, Logistic Operations Manager, Caribbean & Central America, Kraft Foods
- Nick Pacitti, Vice President Business Development, Green Express
- Mauricio Padron, Head of Perishables - Latin America, DAMCO
- Robbert Jan van Trooijen, Chief Executive, Latin America & the Caribbean, Maersk Line
- Rafael Rocha, Managing Director, Galores Group Panama
- Jaime Sasso, General Manager, Santa Marta International Terminal Company (SMITCO)
To find out more about the conference please visit http://www.tocevents-americas.com.