Open Enrollment Begins Oct. 15
From Oct. 15 to Nov. 9, faculty and staff members will have the opportunity to adjust benefit elections based on their needs for the coming year.
“We want to encourage everyone to review their current benefits and think about their health and family needs as they make decisions during open enrollment,” said Darlene Wright, director of benefits.
Employees can find information about their current benefits by clicking on “Benefits Home” in the “Employee Self- Service” section of the TechWorks homepage.
Beginning Oct. 8, faculty and staff members will have access to upcoming changes and benefit plan information at www.ohr.gatech.edu/openenrollment. In addition, a Benefits Guide will be mailed to everyone’s home.
One change that has already taken effect (in September) is related to choices of in-network pharmacies. Walgreens is once again an in-network pharmacy for the Blue Choice HMO and the HSA Open Access plans. For more details, click here.
Also, beginning in 2013, the Institute will introduce a new dental plan provider — Delta Dental — and will provide employees with access to a larger network of dentists and higher coverage levels in many instances. A new PPO plan will be offered at the same premium as the current PPO plan, while the HMO plan will be offered at a lower premium than the existing Humana Access plan. The Delta Dental PPO and HMO will replace plans previously offered by Humana.
Tech will also offer a new voluntary legal plan through ARAG. This benefit is designed to provide employees with legal protection for a variety of legal matters at an affordable price. In addition to in-office services with experienced network attorneys, members will have access to online resources and telephonic legal advice.
To learn more about these and other benefits options, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend the annual Benefits Fair on Oct. 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom. The event will feature more than 30 vendors, and the Tech benefits team will be available to assist employees with any questions.
Other benefits news to be aware of:
- If you are participating in a flexible spending account (FSA), you must submit your 2012 claims by March 31, 2013 to our plan administrator, US Bank. Your claims must be incurred on or before December 31, 2012 to be eligible for reimbursement.
- For employees enrolled in the Open Access POS plan, HSA Open Access POS plan or BlueChoice HMO, flu vaccines will be 100 percent covered, regardless of the place of service — including their local pharmacy. To be reimbursed, pay for the service and fax a copy of the receipt and member ID card to Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Georgia at 1-877-868-7950. A reimbursement check will be mailed to the employee’s home address. If the employee goes to a doctor to get the flu vaccine, the claim will be filed for them and paid. Flu shots at the local pharmacy will not be covered under the Kaiser HMO plan.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Amelia Pavlik
- Created: 09/28/2012
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016