Alumni Admissions Forum: Preparing Your Student for College Admission
Do you have a son, daughter, grandchild, or younger sibling in grades 8 to 10? It’s hard to believe, but it’s time to start planning for collegiate admissions!
In fall 2010, 12.1 million freshman entered college at a four year college or university. College admissions have become even more competitive and complex than ever before.
The GT Alumni Association, in partnership with the Office of Undergraduate Admission and the Scheller College of Business, will host the annual Alumni Admissions forum exclusively for alumni families, to help them navigate and prepare for this exciting, and sometimes confusing, stage of life.
Presenters include Tech admissions staff, high school counselors, a panel of current students, and representatives from Georgia Tech’s colleges and schools. The program will focus on “demystifying” the college admissions process and give families a road map to start preparing for college admission at any selective college or university, including Georgia Tech.
- 7:30 AM – Registration Opens, Breakfast Provided
- 8:00 AM – Welcome and Introductions
- 8:15 AM – Walking tour of Tech’s campus with current Tech students – or – Listen to a presentation about Georgia Tech history and tradition from a Tech historian
- 9:45 AM – “Preparing For College” – Presentation given by the Director of GT Undergraduate Admissions, and a College Counselor from the Marist School
- 11:30 AM – Panel Discussion with current Tech students
- 12:15 PM – Colleges and Majors Fair with representatives from Tech’s 6 Colleges
- 12:30 PM – Pictures with Buzz and the Ramblin Wreck
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit Georgia Tech with your student and gain valuable knowledge for the future.