Welcoming Diversity in the Workplace: Prejudice Reduction
This workshop will be facilitated by Cheryl Cofield, director of diversity and culture, and Stephanie Ray, director of diversity programs. Workshop participants will learn about prejudice and discriminatory behaviors and the impact those behaviors have on individuals and the work environment.
Every human being has the capacity to discriminate and be discriminated against, and every individual’s behavior impacts the workplace environment. This course helps to reduce prejudice in the workplace by helping individuals:
- Identify the information and misinformation learned about various groups,
- Identify and express pride in the group(s) to which they belong,
- Learn how groups, other than their own, experience mistreatment,
- Learn the personal impact of specific incidents of discrimination, and
- Learn how to interrupt prejudicial jokes, remarks and slurs.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Michael Hagearty
- Created: 05/11/2012
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016