Up With the White and Gold Student Achievement Awards
Interim Director, Office of Student Involvement
Now in its ninth year, the Up With the White and Gold Ceremony will celebrate student achievements on Monday, April 23, at 6 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom. Hosted by the Georgia Tech Ambassadors and the Presidents’ Council Governing Board with support from the Office of Student Involvement and the Georgia Tech Alumni Association, this ceremony honors Georgia Tech’s finest student leaders, faculty and staff that have contributed to and enhanced the student experience at Georgia Tech.
Awards presented include:
- Office of the Dean of Students’ TECHcellence Award: given to a student who has made a significant contribution to the Office of the Dean of Students in the area of student leadership.
- Burdell’s Best Awards: named after Georgia Tech’s most famous alum, these awards honor student organizations that have excelled in a variety of categories including Best Activity, Best New Organization, and Organization of the Year.
- Freshman Activities Board Best Freshman Professor: presented to a faculty member that teaches courses often taken by our newest class of Yellow Jackets
- Order of Omega Greek Woman and Man of the Year: presented to two students that most exemplify the spirit of scholarship and service that is promoted through Greek Life at Georgia Tech
In addition to these awards, many other scholarships and recognitions are presented in an evening full of reflection and celebration of the past school year. Highlights for this year’sc eremony will include a welcome from President Dr. G. P. “Bud” Peterson and performances by some of our campus organizations. The entire campus is welcome to attend the ceremony and join the celebration of student leadership success.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Rachael Pocklington
- Created: 04/02/2012
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016