Monsanto summer internship opportunities
All Georgia Tech undergraduates interested in biotechnology are eligible to apply for the below summer internship opportunities at Monsanto.
To be considered for these opportunities, please send your resume to Colly Mitchell by Tuesday, February 14, 2012.
Research Assistant/Associate Intern (Breeding, Biotech, Regulatory)-005OB
The Monsanto Technology Intern Program is committed to providing students with the unique opportunity to gain a practical, first-hand understanding of Monsanto's R&D Pipeline. Interns receive the guidance of Researchers who outline general responsibilities, provide regular feedback, assist in project assignment and completion, and allow students gain exposure not only to the Research & Development organization, but also to the other Monsanto functions. Interns receive hands-on experience at one of our North American research locations. During this paid, 3-month summer assignment.
At the completion of the internship, each Intern presents her/his findings to an audience of peers and to Monsanto Researchers. End of Summer Presentations are hosted at a designated Monsanto site, where Interns network with scientists and learn more about future career opportunities at Monsanto.
Students could work in a variety of specialized areas including:
Monsanto's Biotechnology organization provides summer internship opportunities in both the lab and field setting. Our summer 2012 internships will be hosted in Cambridge, MA; Jerseyville, IL; Middleton, WI; Mystic, CT; Kihei, HI; Dayton, IA, Owatonna MN; Lubbock, TX; Manhattan, KS; Williamsburg, IA; Huxley, IA; and St. Louis, MO.
Interns receive hands-on experience in plant pathology and entomology within a commercial setting. Three month Interns or six month Coops are hosted in CA, MN, WI, IL OH, IN, NC, MO, KS, GA, TX, SC, AZ, MS, IA, and SD.
Monsanto's Chemistry organization provides summer internship opportunities in a lab setting is St. Louis, MO.
Affairs organization will host summer interns at Monsanto's Global Headquarters in St. Louis, MO
Daily transportation to the Monsanto site is required and will be the responsibility of the Intern. All assignments are paid and offer you the ability to be a contributing member of the team with meaningful responsibilities, and provide you a realistic look at a career with Monsanto. These program s help us assess your career potential as the majority of our 'new graduate' hiring comes from interns and co-ops. It's a great way to get the inside track on how an industry leader like Monsanto works.
• Current enrollment in BS or MS degree program in Biology, Agronomy, plant science, soil science, or related field
• Sophomore standing or higher (but not yet graduated)
• Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0
• Willingness/ability to relocate for the summer if necessary
• Detail and results-orientation with the ability to work in a team-based environment
• Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills
· Ability to successfully pass drug screening and background check
• Database skills and previous internship completed in related area Interns must plan to return to academic studies the semester there internship or co/op in order to qualify for the program.