Top 10 Things I Love about Tech
Fourth-Year Applied Mathematics, Chair of Women's Leadership Conference 2008
1. The people. Everyone associated with Georgia Tech from the faculty and staff to the students and alumni is remarkable. They have had the most significant influence on my time here and are the thing I love the most.
2. The incredible athletics. Athletics at Tech are fantastic to watch and are free for students. Going to different sporting events is a great way to hang out with your friends while supporting your peers.
3. The location. Downtown Atlanta is an awesome place to live and there are so many opportunities to get out of the "Tech bubble." Go to a Braves game, see a show at the Fox Theatre, visit the High Museum and Civic Center, shop at Atlantic Station, eat at an exotic restaurant. There is so much to do within easy access from campus.
4. There are a million and one ways to get involved. No matter what you enjoy, you can find an organization just for you. And, if you can't find a group, it's really easy to start one.
5. The study abroad opportunities. You can go anywhere in the world during any semester and take classes with Tech professors and students. Tech is on the cutting edge of global education.
6. The challenging curriculum. Although the classes are extremely hard, after spending 4-6 years at Tech, you will have a skill that few possess: the ability to think analytically in any situation.
7. Co-op, research, and internship opportunities. Take advantage of the numerous ways to gain real-life experience while still making money and earning your degree.
8. The library is open 24/7.
9. The green space. There are so many parks and trees, you would never know that you were in downtown Atlanta.
10. The odds are good (for a girl anyway)!