Immunization Information for New Students
John Scuderi, MHA, FACHE
Acting Director, Stamps Health Services
To be eligible for classes, all students must meet immunization requirements as outlined by the University System of Georgia Board of Regents. Upon acceptance to Georgia Tech, an âimmunization holdâ is automatically placed on your studentâs record and will remain in place until your student submits sufficient documentation that all requirements have been satisfied. Having an active immunization hold will prevent your student from registering for classes.
Submitting the required immunization information is easy and helps your student avoid registration delays.
1. Download a copy of the required immunization forms located at www.health.gatech.edu/forms/GTImmATL10.pdf.
2. Complete and submit the immunization forms as soon as possible (deadline is July 5 for all students starting in the fall semester), being sure to include all required signatures from your studentâs health care professional(s).
3. Once the immunization forms have been submitted and processed (please allow five to seven business days), students can check their status online to see if there are any active immunization holds. If so, information will be provided to indicate the specific immunization requirements which have not yet been met and what steps to follow in order to resolve any open issues.
4. If you are attending FASET on campus this summer, forms must be processed before your studentâs arrival. If your student is missing immunizations, Stamps Health Services is available to assist you with immunizations and/or a TB Screening. Please remember that a tuberculosis (TB) skin test cannot be initiated on a Thursday since the results must be collected 48-72 hours later.
5. International Students: Please submit all of your immunization paperwork by July 5. Stamps Health Services is ready to assist with the TB screening and/or skin test when you arrive at Georgia Tech, however we cannot initiate a TB skin test on a Thursday since the results must be collected 48-72 hours after administering the test. We will help you on other days of the week. Please contact Stamps Health Services for an appointment.
Click here to find all the instructions your student will need to download, complete, and submit the required forms, and to check their hold status online. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and allow two business days for a reply.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Rachael Pocklington
- Created: 06/03/2010
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016