Welcome to Georgia Tech
John Stein, Dean of Students
Congratulations, you are now part of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket family! Here at Tech, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your sons and daughters. I hope they are as excited as we are about the upcoming fall semester here at Tech. I know next year will be exciting for them and for you. Coming to college is filled with a full range of emotions for students. It takes some time for all to adjust to the changes that come with a child leaving home.
Although I do not claim to have all the answers, I would like to offer some practical advice to you based upon my own experiences, both as a parent and college administrator who has been working with college students for more than 25 years.
Tips For Success This Summer:
1. Be patient. Yes, they will eventually pack their belongings and be ready to leave.
2. Be flexible. Not every student wants to attend the very first FASET Orientation. Some like to wait a bit!
3. Be supportive. Remind yourself that just because they are not talking openly about the future does not mean that they are not thinking and concerned about the road ahead.
4. Be understanding. For some students, leaving the security of home is a major step.
Please donât hesitate to contact me at 404.894.6367 if you have any questions or concerns. I also encourage you to visit our website www.deanofstudents.gatech.edu for helpful information and resources. I look forward to meeting you this summer at FASET.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Rachael Pocklington
- Modified By:Fletcher Moore