Online Parking Permit Registration Now Live
Torise A. Battle
Communications Officer, Department of Parking and Transportation
Online registration for Georgia Tech parking permits will be available through June 15, 2011. To register, faculty, staff and current students should log onto My Parking Account at www.parking.gatech.edu and follow the registration prompts. All customers should register for parking permits, including those who want to keep their current permit assignment.
Registration is available for annual and carpool permits. All other permits will be available for sale on July 18, 2011, in the Parking and Transportation Office. Annual permits are $657. Carpool permits are $557 for two carpool members ($278.50 per person) and $457 for three or more members (approximately $152 per person).
Tips for Successful Permit Registration:
* Register to âkeepâ your current permit assignment, which will guarantee you will receive a permit for your current parking location in 2011-2012.
* If you want to change permit assignments, choose all five (5) location preferences and a default
location (either E81-Tech Square deck or W02-Student Center deck). This will increase your chances for being assigned to one of your preferred locations.
* Choose parking locations wisely to avoid making changes in the fall. An administrative fee of up to $25 will be charged to anyone who wants to change their parking location after permits have been assigned in July.
* Pay all citation fines before registration ends through your My Parking Account. Customers who register but have outstanding citations will have their permits held in the Parking and Transportation office until fines have been paid.
* Verify and/or update your local address in Oscar. The local address serves as your shipping address; it is not necessarily an Atlanta address. Permits cannot be mailed to campus addresses.
* Choose to have your permit mailed to avoid standing in long lines in July.
For Carpool Captains:
* Gather potential membersâ names and email addresses before you submit your carpool application.
* Remind members to have their vehicle registration handy before they accept their carpool invitation.
* Apply early for the best chance to receive your preferred parking location.
For more information about permit registration, visit www.parking.gatech.edu.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Rachael Pocklington
- Created: 05/01/2011
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016