Immunization Information for New Students
Maureen Olson MD, FACEP
Medical Director, Stamps Health Services
To be eligible for classes, all students must meet immunization requirements as outlined by the University System of Georgia Board of Regents. Upon acceptance to Georgia Tech, an âimmunization holdâ is automatically placed on your studentâs record and will remain in place until your student submits sufficient documentation that all requirements have been satisfied. Having an active immunization hold will prevent your student from registering for classes.
Submitting the required immunization information is easy and helps your student avoid registration delays.
1. Click here to download a copy of the required immunization forms.
2. Complete and submit the immunization forms as soon as possible and FAX to 404.385.0329. Be sure to include all required signatures from your studentâs health care professional(s). The deadline is July 5 for all students starting in the fall semester.
3. Once the immunization forms have been submitted and processed (please allow five to seven business days), students can check their status online to see if there are any active immunization holds. If so, information will be provided to indicate the specific immunization requirements (click on the immunization) which have not yet been met and what steps to follow in order to resolve any open issues.
4. If you are attending FASET Orientation this summer, forms must be processed before your studentâs arrival for FASET. If your student is missing immunizations, Stamps Health Services is available to assist you with immunizations.
5. International Students: Please submit all of your immunization paperwork by July 5. The TB Assessment form, TB Skin Test form, and chest x-rays from outside of the United States are no longer accepted. PLEASE DISREGARD THESE FORMS and do not submit. Please be aware of new QuantiFERON testing as noted below.
There are fees for immunizations and testing. Click here for immunization fees.
Important Changes to Tuberculosis (TB) Testing for All Students:
* Effective June 1, 2011, students that present to Stamps Health Services for TB testing will receive QuantiFERON testing. This is a blood test and is the only TB test now offered by Stamps Health Services.
* Students may also have the QuantiFERON test performed by their local healthcare provider. Students should submit the actual QuantiFERON certified laboratory results on laboratory letterhead. The lab report must be in English. Foreign language reports will not be accepted nor will handwritten lab results.
* QuantiFERON results can be drawn, reported and submitted to Health Services up to 90 days before your student registers for classes. QuantiFERON results older than 90 days will not be accepted.
* USA and Canada Students only - in addition to QuantiFERON results, USA and Canada students may continue to submit the TB Assessment and/or TB skin test form. A healthcare provider must sign and date the form.
Have questions? Click here to view commonly asked questions and helpful answers. Please direct any additional questions to email@example.com and allow two business days for a reply. Always include your studentâs Georgia Tech ID number.