Ramblin' Through Time: Junior's Grill Sign Dates Back to 1948

Contact

Amelia Pavlik
Communications & Marketing
404-385-4142 

Sidebar Content
No sidebar content submitted.
Summaries

Summary Sentence:

In honor of Tech’s 125th birthday year, we’re partnering with Georgia Tech Alumni Magazine to highlight a piece of Tech history. This issue’s topic: the Junior’s Grill sign.

Full Summary:

In honor of Tech’s 125th birthday year, we’re partnering with Georgia Tech Alumni Magazine to highlight a piece of Tech history. This issue’s topic: the Junior’s Grill sign.

Media
  • Junior's Grill Junior's Grill
    (image/jpeg)

In honor of Tech’s 125th birthday year, we’re partnering with Georgia Tech Alumni Magazine to highlight a piece of Tech history. This issue’s topic: the Junior’s Grill sign. 

The following excerpt is number 103 on the list “125 Pieces of Tech History,” featured in the September/October 2010 issue of Georgia Tech Alumni Magazine: 

The sign for Junior’s Grill dates back to its original North Avenue location, which was opened in 1948 by Wilbur Gold Jr. Brothers-in-law James Klemis and John Chaknis bought Junior’s in 1958. Klemis’ son, Tommy, has been a fixture since 1975. A mainstay behind the cash register was his aunt, Anne Pamfilis, who knew nearly everyone and everything at Tech. She retired in December 2010. 

When the North Avenue building was demolished for Olympics construction in 1994, Junior’s moved onto campus and into its current location in the Bradley Building.     

Additional Information

Groups

Whistle

Categories
Institute and Campus
Related Core Research Areas
No core research areas were selected.
Newsroom Topics
No newsroom topics were selected.
Keywords
Junior's Grill, Ramblin' Through Time
Status
  • Created By: Amelia Pavlik
  • Workflow Status: Published
  • Created On: Feb 25, 2011 - 9:07am
  • Last Updated: Oct 7, 2016 - 11:08pm